Decom North Sea
Decom North Sea is the decommissioning industry’s only independent members organisation focussed on all aspects of the decommissioning value chain.
As a not for profit organisation we are working to enhance knowledge transfer and facilitate collaborative activities to deliver “game changing solutions” that minimise decommissioning costs, ensure best value for tax payers and maximise business potential for its member companies.
Decom North Sea has grown since its inception in 2010 to more than 350 + members drawn from operators, major contractors, service specialists and technology developers.
With decommissioning spend alone being forecast at an estimated £16.9 billion over the next decade, Decom North Sea play a vital role in solution development, cross sector learning and helping to build supply-chain capability. Decom North Sea works with a number of strategic partners including the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA), DECC and Oil & Gas UK to achieve these objectives.
- Leading the development of efficient and effective decommissioning
- Promote and facilitate collaboration
- Help members derive material business benefit
- Encourage the most efficient end of asset life solution development
- Support the development of the supply chain
- Address the innovation, technology and skills challenges
- Govern transparently and professionally in accordance with best practice and legislation
- Seek continuous improvement