Training Management Consultancy (TMC)
The course provides 16 modules to select from that include the core principles for Hazardous Area Protection Methods and on-site samples of equipment and installations.
The modules covers equipment selection, installation techniques, cable types and cable gland selection to current standards. The training is suitable for those in a role that require competence in installation practices, inspection and detailed reporting for hazardous area equipment. The training represents safety operations in explosive atmospheres and references to standards.
Typical standards represented are EN/IEC 60079-0; 60079-10; 60079-14; 60079-17 other current legislation referred throughout the modules.
- Module 1: Updates in Current Standards. Protection Methods, Installations and Inspections. “Responsible Persons” the National framework legislation.
- Module 2: Definitions Properties (1) Fire Triangle, FEL, Sources of Ignition and Flashpoint. MIE, Gas Grouping. Applications and On-site references.
- Module 3: Definitions Properties (2) T-Class, Vapour Density, Area Classification and Zoning references. I.P. Ratings and Apparatus samples.
- Module 4: EN (IEC) Standards and ATEX Categories. IEC EPLs. Certification and Labelling. On-site Sample marking.
- Module 5: Flameproof Protection Method Ex d. Sample On-site practices. Inspection Schedules and Sample reporting.
- Module 6: Wiring Systems (1) Cable Types, Cable Gland selection. Termination methods relative to Protection types. Sample On-site practices.
- Module 7: Wiring Systems (2) Earth Practices for L.V. Power Systems and Intrinsic Safety Protection. Earth Continuity testing; EFL Impedance, Prospective Fault current measurement.
- Module 8: Inspection of Installations (1) EN (IEC) 60079-17 Grades of Inspection; Schedules of Inspection. Checklists compiling of Inspections Reporting.
- Module 9: Inspection of Installations (2) Detailed Reports specific to installed Equipment Ex d, Ex e, Ex n Types, Ex tD, Ex p and Ex i Intrinsic Safety.
- Module 10: Increased Safety Protection Method Ex e, Sample On-site practices. Inspection schedules and reporting.
- Module 11: Equipment protection Ex n Types – Ex nA, Ex nR, Ex nL. Consideration of Ex nC. Sample On-site practices and inspections.
- Module 12: Pressurization Protection Method Ex p. Enclosure Types and arrangements. Inspection Schedules. Sample On-site practices.
- Module 13: Intrinsic Safety Protection Method Ex ia, Ex ib, Ex ic Types. Guidance involving Safety in I.S. Circuit testing. Sample On-site practices.
- Module 14: Other and Combined Methods of Protection. Examples Ex o, Ex q, and Ex m. Special Protection Type Ex s – Current standards development.
- Module 15: Dust Ignition Protection Methods considering the current EN (IEC) 60079-0 standard and references to EN (IEC) 60079-14; and EN (IEC) 60079-17; EN (IEC) 60079-31. Sample On-site practices.
- Module 16: North American and Other International Hazardous Area Standards Approvals
Clients can choose which modules to complete: course duration varies typically 1 Day to 5 Day packages depending on the individual Modules and parts selected in the programs.
Updated – EN/IEC and International standards are referenced throughout.
Course presentations available provided on USB stick.
Assessments represented in each module with a Certificate of Competence issued for successful course module completion.
The course content is current and references the current EN/IEC Standards and the appropriate parts of the ATEX Directives; relevant and topical to other standards.
To enquire about this course contact details are: